GTranslate

Czech Bulgarian Chinese (Traditional) Croatian Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French Greek Hungarian Italian Japanese Norwegian Polish Russian Spanish Swedish Ukrainian Vietnamese

Partneři

Facebook

The Lower Cemete (The Plague Cemetery, Žďár nad Sázavou

Description

The Lower  Cemete (The Plague Cemetery, Žďár nad Sázavou

Because of the threat of plague in 1709 abbot Vejmluva iniciated creating of so called "Down Cemetary" situated northtwards from the monastery and far from the city Žďár. The structure of the building reflects the symbol of the Holly Trinity, symbolised by three chapels on the tops of an imaginary triangel ground plan of the cementary, which perimeter walls were lead on the ground plan on the bases of a curve. In the central part a statue of an Angel of the Last Court by Řehoř Theny šas raised around 1730. In 1755 bishop Benard Hennet enlarged the cemetary and created the fourth chapel, still in the spirit of Santini architecture.
 


Contact Information

  • Address: Žďár nad Sázavou
  • GPS: 49° 35' 7.1556" N 15° 56' 2.652" E

Where to find this place?

Javascript is required to view this map.